If you are interested in having your child participate in Suzuki Strings of Augusta and are not familiar with the Suzuki Method, we recommend reviewing the following information:
- The American Suzuki Institute at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point: The Suzuki Method in Action
Prior to any student participation, parents must attend an orientation meeting to determine if their child is ready for lessons. After this orientation, parents are required to take Beginners Classes, which are 4-6 weeks long, before the child can begin classes. Parents will need a full size violin for their lessons. We have a limited number for rent.
Students attend weekly private lessons, in addition to group lessons twice a month. Parents are expected to attend lessons and take notes in order to facilitate home practice.
As members of Suzuki Strings of Augusta, there are numerous opportunities for performances and annual recitals. Below is a sample of the group’s planned activities:
- 18 group class meetings
- 12 solo recital performance opportunities
- Annual Spring Concert at Trinity on the Hill, UMC
- 5 nursing home performances at Christmas around the CSRA
- Participation in Georgia and South Carolina All-State auditions
- 2 performances of the top Chamber Ensemble with the Augusta Chorale
- Group performance at Walt Disney World
If you are interested in having your child participate in Suzuki Strings of Augusta, please contact us.